1 reply to this topic

#1 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Took a mental note of all the deadfalls on Declue from Allenton to Loop Road yesterday. I managed to get out today with my saw and addressed everything including the leaner on Buelah at the Overlook parking lot.  Equestrians rejoice !!!!

Overall the trail is still a great challenge and very peaceful due to the lack of use.  There are some portions of the trail that have been trashed for various reasons and some areas you need to pay attention to. Particularlly the downhill that leads to the monkey heads going CCW.  Large chunks of trail have been post holed with reroutes taking place on either side of the original trail. The gullies are pretty significant in 2 spots.  There is a quagmire at the U turn before heading to the monkey heads. You can ride it but its a mess.

Other than that the Honeysuckle is in bloom and I had no ticks on me and my Stihl PS30 is still missing.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

#2 The Krackheads

The Krackheads

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

I managed to get some bench work done on Buelah today. This is the weird off camber section due NE of Fossil Ridge-Buelah intersection.  The area is going to be soft for a bit and I will address the cross trail roots as time permits, Once this firms up it should ride nice.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew

Bluffview/Rock Hollow Co-Trail Steward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users