• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ItsJustaFleshWound

ItsJustaFleshWound

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

I've got the opportunity to do a few 1/2 days of work in Springfield, MO next week.  Anyone have any trail suggestions for mountain biking?  I was looking at Two Rivers Bike Park on the internets.  Anyone have any thoughts on it or anywhere else?  Thanks!

#2 Craig

Craig

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:56 AM

For something different, you can try the Sac River trails, which are about 20 minutes north of the Bass Pro shop, off of 13.  Think of the flaky shelf rock that's on Greensfelders DeClue trail, but with SIUE or Creve Coeur's minimal elevation change.  

Two Rivers has some traditional backwoods XC type trails, a small bike park/pump track adjacent to the parking lot, and a downhill run.

If you have some more time to explore in the future, Stockton State Park (~ 1 hour NW of Springfield) has a 8+ mile trail system that I only got an hour or two to explore.  Steeper hills than Sac River (you're playing on the perimeter of a lake), but far less rock.

And don't forget to swing by the Forest City trails in between here and Springfield [https://gorctrails.c...ils/forest-city].

Craig Seibert, GORC Board Member

GORC/St. Charles County Parks Liaison

#3 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

i agree with Craig, on all fronts. Sac has added signage, so helps you build a loop. 

Two Rivers is a lot of fun, and Stocktan Lake is really pretty!

Have fun!

GORC Secretary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users