#1 Deserteagle99uzi

Deserteagle99uzi

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:41 PM

Hey all - 

I posted on here a lot about 8 years ago and have since moved to Albuquerque. I will be back in town for about 10 days starting October 16 and had plans to try out all the old haunts on my current bike. I'm now on an enduro 29er that is a little more suited to the super technical loose stuff out here in the desert southwest. 

I just wanted some feedback on which trails to hit and what to avoid locally. My short list was:

Greensfelder, Creve Coer, Lost valley, Chubb, Matson Hill, Middlefork loop, Trace Creek, Council bluff and Berryman.

If there are major issues with any of these trail systems beyond what is suggested in the trail info or something new I'm overlooking please let me know. 

While the desert solitude and tech is pretty fun I really miss the tree tunnel and flowy trails around the STL area kept up by all you dedicated trailbuilders. I'm going to try to pack my fix into the 10 days I'm there without pissing off the inlaws too bad or the wife too bad.

Thanks for any feedback.

#2 Jimothy

Jimothy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

I'd highly recommend Bluff View, Zombie West, and Zombie East. If you're into jumps maybe check out Eureka Mountain Bike Park. I'm not a big fan personally of Klondike but it has some cool features, although it needs some raking so you can see some of the features on Strip Mine. Creve Cour has some hidden jumps if you take the back left at the main trail intersection thing.

#3 sniker

sniker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:46 AM

I recommend Greensfelder. There have been new trails built since you were here last. Beulah, Fossil Ridge, etc. 

Take a map or a knowledgable friend, or take the advice "all who wander aren't lost"

• lirch likes this

GORC Secretary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users