1 reply to this topic

#1 falasi4

falasi4

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:09 PM

I'm not a trail dumber-downer - just thinking the SIUE description on the site may need a little updating and possibly be rated as beginner/intermediate.  

We used to buzz that on CX bikes at night no problem.  Even pulled my son (now 20) on a trail-a-bike over every part with no real issues.  

I know I'm old but last night I rode it on my hard tail instead of dually and it isn't the same trail as it used to be (for better/worse) - way more rooty with some gnarly up/down root balls to clear and some armored crossings (big one on trail 4 near trail 3 is a fork snapper/face plant if you hit it wrong)

Only mentioning since I happened to notice the rating when putting in a conditions update and I ride Cliff Cave a lot which is beginner/intermediate.  Other than the short rock garden, Cliff Cave is a smooth superhighway by comparison imho.  

Not suggesting the trail get changed although I'd be down for helping re-work some crossings that are shifting/sinking

#2 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:54 AM

I agree there are places that have become more challenging than originally designed. Most simply need to be repaired. For some we can look at preserving the challenge while taking care they aren’t a hazard. So an upgrade to Beginner/Intermediate might be appropriate. I’ll be doing an inventory of needed repairs and planning workdays for the spring. Stay tuned!
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users