6 replies to this topic

#1 G-Tracker

G-Tracker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

Nah - I didn't ride it today but I hiked it while I'm healing up after Rotator Cuff surgery. The trail along the west side bluff was starting to get exposed in spots and muddy. Man that is one heck of a hike. I was glad when I got back to the car. Looked for the Geocache along the trail but couldn't find it. After sitting around and taking it easy for 6 weeks it felt great to get out even if I was walking.....least I was in the woods.....and 6 more weeks to go.

Gary
Matson Hill Trail Steward

Who climbs up - gets to come down!

#2 msmodo

msmodo

Advanced Contributor

• 390 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

With this update on mud, anyone who know whether it's likely they'll close the trail tomorrow? Planning to ride Matson early afternoon.

#3 G-Tracker

G-Tracker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

With the temperatures dropping well below freezing last night and today you should be Ok. My wife called last night (she's jonesing for a ride) and it said the trails were open. It got above freezing yesterday afternoon when I was hiking and with the sun out caused some thawing. A group of bikes had all ready made the loop and there was some trail wear at those spots. With temps dropping everything should be fine...(until tomorrow when they climb above freezing again)

Gary
Matson Hill Trail Steward

Who climbs up - gets to come down!

#4 msmodo

msmodo

Advanced Contributor

• 390 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

thanks, i'll call later then too. if she wants to join us there are a few of us, gals and guys, starting about 1pm today

#5 lirch

lirch

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

car door section is sloppy. pine forest is fine but everything on the outside of that is muck. stay on old trail and you can skip the bike wash.

#6 msmodo

msmodo

Advanced Contributor

• 390 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Did go to Matson. Walked the trail section lirch mentioned, past the pine trees - way, way too muddy to ride. That part should definitely be closed to biking until it dries up. Thanks all.

#7 advtrcasey

advtrcasey

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Don't close Matson to bikers please! Trails were frozen and awesome in early AM. Just need to get up early to ride it. But, I do agree with closing them in afternoon (somehow) when thawing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users