6 replies to this topic

#1 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Start the new year off right with a frozen toed mini epic at Castlewood State park. We'll meet at the big shelter house parking lot at 12 noon Friday Jan. 1st. I know I'll be able to make it by then! Gonna be really cold Friday so wear your woolies![8D]The one thing you can say from this ride is: "I didn't need no stinkin parade to celebrate New Years, I rode my bike in the freezing cold with a bunch of other idiots!"[^]
Downhills are fun! Uphills keep you young!

#2 Spokes

Spokes

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:29 PM

Hey Pat - Is the frozen toed mini epic still on for tomorrow? I haven't seen any activity since you posted. I haven't ridden much lately so I'm sure the SS is going to kick my butt.

Dana
Surly Krampus

#3 rebelssof

rebelssof

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

I talked to him a couple of hours ago and he was still planning on riding tomorrow. Normally I would go but I am still trying to get ride of a cold.
Charles

#4 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:45 PM

Yea Spokes, the ride is definitely on! All of the wet stuff today will be well frozen tomorrow. I plan on getting there around 11:30 so I can sort my bikes out with all the changes I made the last two days. Can't wait![:p] If I don't have my KHS set up right, I'll ride my little giant instead. This is gonna be a blast! Trust me.[;)]

#5 Spokes

Spokes

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Aww Yeah! The Frozen Toed Mini Epic was attended by 3 of the most awesome riders ever, they let me tag along. Pat, Steve, Jiri and I got a good New Years day ride in this afternoon. It was cold, but it didn't deter us from having fun. I'll add some pictures, one of the other guys can write about the details.
You guys/gals should have been there!

Posted Image
Pat looking like he's veering off the trail. I'm pretty sure he recovered without mishap.

Posted Image
Steve displaying impeccable form.

Posted Image
A little breather. I'm sure Jiri was saying "What's the hold up old guys?"

Posted Image
Pat rocking the new bike. Awesome full squishy, but what's with those little wheels?

Posted Image
Jiri trying to decipher a text message post ride.

Posted Image
Steve packing up.

Posted Image
The Cog ready for the ride home.

7.23 miles according to my computer. Mostly frozen. Thanks guys for a great ride.

Dana
Surly Krampus

#6 bulldog

bulldog

Geezer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

A fun way to start the new year off right.They're were four of us in our group but I saw at least fifteen other bikers out there. My pics are on my photobucket.http://s485.photobuc...r213/haversnap/

#7 sasmith

sasmith

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

Really had to flog myself to load up and go this morning but am I glad I did! Since I haven't ridden C-wood in years it was almost like being there for the first time. And with such a great crew to ride with, this was as good a ride as any on much warmer days.
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users