3 replies to this topic

#1 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

Got out early for a cold morning ride. The sky was clear and there was no wind. The temp at the bank in Deslodge read 15 on the way in and 25 on the way home. Trail was frozen but where the sun hit the trail it was starting to thaw out. There were some rutted up sections from hoofs that made it more than a little rough in spots. If the trail thaws out it will be very muddy in spots. The creek crossings were ok. After a few of these though, Matt found out the brakes on his cross bike tended to not work from the frozen water on the rims. There were a few trees across the trail, nothing bad though. what a great day to get out and ride. I had bought a new pair of thermal bib tights which worked great. The toes still got cold, even with two pair of socks. I will have to work on that.
Here is a link to some pics http://s932.photobuc...mview=slideshow
Jerry

#2 stlmtbiker

stlmtbiker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

How was the trail on a cx bike? Did your friend ride the rock garden with it?

#3 wheezer

wheezer

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

He rode more of the trail than I did. Thats why he races CX and I go out and ride for some exercise. I think he most likely cooled off by the time I caught up to him on some of the hills. He was more careful on the downhills due to ice on the wheels, but also did not want to get any pinch flats. Typical CX racer, jump off and run around or over something, then back on and riding
Jerry

#4 stlmtbiker

stlmtbiker

Advanced Contributor

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Wow, pretty good for a cx bike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users